Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BLOG 13

Gee

Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 were very informative for me, I was able to learn a few new terms while familiarizing myself with terms and definitions I have already learned about in other courses.

I found a few things interesting and feel that I can connect these terms and ideas to my research paper, the "tool" social language is something that interests me, studying the different languages, and identities in settings is something that interests me.

Another "tool" that caught my eye was Intertextuality, is something also that may relate to my research paper, "when we speak or write, our words often allude to or relate to, in some fashion other texts , where other people have said or written". This is something that I found to be interesting and was not quite familiar with until I read Gee's chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment