Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BLOG 8


I began to try and narrow my topic of texting verses speaking to someone in person, by focusing on the effects this idea has had on my subjects relationships. I will need to find out the situation/conversation they may have been having at the time via text, and what path it took in a negative way. I have two particular people in mind that I would like to interview, both I know text a lot, and have had different instances where things were mistaken in their "text" conversation and would have been handled much better in person. I also feel this generation is so involved in texting then anyone else, it appears as if we don't know any other way to speak anymore, and in turn so much is lost without that face to face communication and emotion.

A few online resources that I found interesting and may be able to use for my research paper:

http://blog.hireahelper.com/2009/06/11/new-generation-of-communication-texting-versus-talking/


http://www.rodale.com/talking-or-texting-cell-phone

I still have more research to do in order to find similarities that correspond to my particular topic, I know this is a very frequent issue, therefore I hope to be able to find some hard evidence to go along with my interviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment