Monday, September 24, 2012

BLOG 6



I chose to to look closely at the literacy narrative we received on the hand-out. I posed the question to myself, which had a stronger impact, negative or positive influences?

The writer of this narrative has over come many obstacles, with being a bad marriage and then having her children to tend to while also attending college.

She mentions, "So i stopped the voices of doubt in my head. I didn't let them go any further. I didn't let them touch that part of me that can't be changed" It seems to be that she would take the negative aspects of her life and use them to push her further.

When she told her parents about the change in her life she was given negative feedback, and looks of disappointment.  This did not force her to give up, I think it only pushed her to keep going, and prove to them she could handle motherhood and also being a student. She mentions that her father " saw her lack of seriousness, my silliness, as a sing of stupidity" .

* family played a great influence in this narrative, both positive and negatively, it appears in most of the cases she was able to play off the negative aspects and turn them into positives by never giving up , and continuing her education while being a mother. 



________________________________________________________________________________


Some of the aspects of this post that I would change/add to, would be going through the analysis and find more factors that contribute to the writers life. In class I was definitely able to finally see and understand much more clearly what I need to do. I would set up a particular focus that pertains to my question , which had a stronger impact, negative or positive influences? I would go back and make a list of the specific details which could used as examples to support my question, and eventually give an answer to it. 

Organization is key to the success of analyzing this narrative, therefore having all the facts in an orderly fashion would help me to tie everything together, and help the readers of my post understand what I am trying to prove, and answer to my posed question. 

The in class review and the sample that was provided to us to grade and decide if we thought the approach and set up was done in a positive or a negative way, was a lot of help to me, I feel now that I have a stronger grasp on what I need to do in order to pull apart and extract important and unimportant facts from a narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment